Being an entrepreneur can be stressful, exhausting, yet rewarding at the same time. These past two weeks have been insanely filled with a trip to Peru to complete my AW2014 collection, a never ending pile of to do's, then returning home where I had to jump back into the groove with teaching a workshop for Topaz + Arrow without skipping a beat. Though mentally and physically tired, I am energized with the knowledge and confirmation that I am doing what I love to do in life - and that is the biggest pay off to me.
Just last week, I traveled to Peru to put the finishing touches on DeNada's upcoming AW2014 collection. This collection is gorgeous, and I can't wait to share it with you all in a few months! And though I look forward to working on my collection each time I head down to Peru, having the opportunity to see my family is always a pleasure. I am so blessed to be able to visit my family while traveling for work. Being able to connect my roots to my work makes me proud, and makes DeNada mean that much more to me!
Working with artisans in Peru has always inspired me. The artisans that I work with create our designs utilizing traditional techniques passed down from generation to generation. It is such an honor and privilege to be able to work along side such skilled artisans as these, to be inspired by them, and to learn from them new techniques that I never knew before.
Here are photos from my trip to Peru!
 |
| Enjoying the beautiful view. |
 |
| One of my favorite stops: the artisan market! |
 |
| Yarn shopping! |
 |
| Working on my new collection, and learning new techniques. |
 |
| Sneak peak at one of our new patterns. |
Immediately following my return, my good friend
Morgan (of PandaHead) and I hosted a
Topaz+Arrow event this past weekend entitled Photo Transfers 101. I was so excited to get ready for this month's DIY project because it's always fun and rewarding to work with our creative students who, like Morgan and I, have a great appreciation for all things relating to art and DIY.
This month's workshop was all about Photo Transfers! With a sold out class, we provided our students with sturdy wood boards, while they each brought a few of their most treasured photographs to transfer. The transfer process allowed these photos to have a cool, vintage, and earthy look. I loved this project because it provided the chance to create statement looking art pieces which can be hung around the home, while using photographs that had sentimental value to each of the participants. I'm always so surprised at the creativity of all our students, and loved how some incorporated accents of glitter, as well as other stencils to create an even more unique piece of art.
We want to give a big thank you to all of our amazing sponsors
Honest Tea,
Boulevard Brewing Company, and
KIND for providing us with refreshments and delicious treats throughout the workshop!
Check out some of the pictures below to get an inside look at our workshop!
 |
| The setting on our craft tables, featuring candy from my trip to Peru and a snack from one of our sponsors! |
 |
| Our wonderful sponsors! |
 |
| Morgan and I giving a brief introduction and telling our students about the craft! |
 |
| Some of our crafty students hard at work! |
 |
| One of the finished products, I love the metallic details! |
 |
| One of Morgan's examples she showed the class, how cool does that light bulb look?! |
No comments:
Post a Comment