Thursday, June 5, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!




Today is my birthday. And as I woke up this morning, I realized that I was the first one up. Awake before my husband and son, I was even surprised to be up before my two dogs. They always tend to be the first ones up bright and early shoving their noses in my face in plea to be fed immediately.

Lying awake in bed, I embraced this quiet moment and just stare at my son cuddled next to my husband. My son, who does sleep in his own bed, always manages to somehow climb out of his own and into our bed during the night. Though he rolls around incessantly throughout the night hours kicking me occasionally, I undoubtedly love his presence and enjoy waking up to his little body nestled between my husband’s and mine.

As I enamored how precious and tranquil my son and husband looked asleep, I started to think about this past year. This past year was tough, and included many ups and downs. There were struggles that I had to endure, challenges that I had to overcome, and various achievements that I wholeheartedly earned in my career and personal life.

I am truly thankful for my fans, my friends, and family; specifically my dear husband and son. They are daily reminders why I must work hard, persevere, and never give up for what I believe in and what I dream for. I want to inspire my son, and teach him that he can achieve anything that he wants to do as long as he works hard for it. I want to make my husband proud of his wife, and never doubt my love or my support for him.

As I get up from my bed and start my day one year older, I will make these promises to myself. To never give up and to accept that life will always be an endless battle.

Each and every day, I will be confronted by the good and the bad. And I will accept both of them gratefully into my life. Because without the bad, I will never know how truly sweet the good is.

Happy Birthday to all my Gemini friends, and Happy Birthday to me!

Virginia Arrisueño.



No comments: