Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Recap: 4th of July Weekend!

July 4th is a reminder that the year is halfway done. And as I have said this before,  I can't believe how time flies by so fast - and this year proved to be no different. With this in mind, I decided to take advantage of this long holiday weekend and spend it with my family.

As each day passes, I am reminded on how kids grow up so fast. In my personal life, I have learned to slow down. Slowing down allows me to acknowledge and truly cherish the moments I share with my son, who means the world to me. The moments we share together are priceless - when we giggle together, when he gives me a hug and a kiss, the times we do puzzles together, or how we share the same love for popcorn and smoothies! All these moments and more I have learned to pause and take them in, bookmarking them in my mind and heart so that I will never forget those precious times.

This past weekend, despite my tall list of to do's and never decreasing workload, I decided to spend the majority of it with my son - mommy & son day. Instead of working in my office on a Friday, we went to the neighborhood pool and park. And after having a great time, we crashed out for a long snooze. After a lengthy nap, we ended the day with dinner, a movie, then watched the never ending fireworks from our building.

The following day was the DC MEETMarket. And though work-related, my son was by my side the whole day - with the amazing help of my awesome and supportive husband, of course! For the month of August, we hosted a Summer Cookout celebrating Independence Day! With a special BBQ from Kingston Seoul, gelato by Dolcezza, root beer by Thunder Beast, and live art by Superwaxx / No Kings Collective, we had a great market day with family and friends gathered to enjoy the rest of their long weekends. Our market-goers enjoyed the day with festive patriotic decorations and entertainment by Lady Hatchet, Merry Toddlers More, and DJ Natty Boom, presented by Rock-n-Romp.

Special thank you to our sponsors and partners this month - Relay Foods, Honest Tea, Zip Car, Think First Local, Thunder Beast, Kingston Seoul, No Kings Collective, and Dolcezza - and all our wonderful vendors!

The long holiday weekend ended on high note, and I hope everyone had a lovely, festive, and safe time with their friends and family!

Below are some pictures from this past weekend, enjoy!

With my son, Atticus at the park.
Happy 4th of July!
Delicious BBQ by Kingston Seoul.
The guys at Kingston Seoul working the grill.
Gorgeous handcrafted cuffs and earrings by Metallist.
Love these fun rings by Naked Decor.
Southern Hospitality at the DC MEETMarket.
Photographer Steve L. Miller of Steve L. Miller Words and Images.  

No comments: