Thursday, August 14, 2014

Style Watch: Menswear Chic.

Menswear for women has been a rising trend for the past decade. More recently however, this trend has taken off and is here to stay. Designers like Phillip Lim and Helmut Lang have showcased masculine pieces in their collections that exhibit a chic, minimal, and clean feel. This style is popular particularly in Paris and NewYork.

I love this style of dress because it allows my inner tomboy to come out. When a woman throws on a blazer and slouchy pants, I think that is the sexiest form of dress. You don't need to wear a dress and heels to feel sexy, and menswear for women does just that. Wearing menswear chic pieces can make a woman feel empowered, while remaining polished.

Pairing these items with oxford flats completes the menswear chic look. Because summer is too hot to layer these different pieces, I am excited for fall to commence and to add these staples to my wardrobe.

Below, I have selected my favorite menswear outfits that are minimal, sexy, and chic.

No comments: