One thing I look forward to with the approach of the autumn season, is the many business and shopping related markets and events that I must work at, which happens to fill up my calendar rather quickly. And though my stress levels inevitably multiplies as the summer comes to a close, there are various tradeoffs with working at these events and markets that ultimately make the stress increase worth it.
One in particularly is the opportunity to meet my customers face to face and see firsthand their reaction to my new collection. That opportunity is priceless. Though many customers politely greet my collection with rave reviews, there are some that share their "constructive" criticism with me. Those constructive critiques - though at times may pinch - I keep closely in mind whenever I start drafting a new collection for the following season. In a sense, their opinions are my own personal kind of marketing research.
And with being a mom and an entrepreneur, my free time to spend with friends has become miniscule. Ironically and luckily, many of our returning customers have become friends of mine throughout the years. And as always, participating at these events and markets is always a pleasure since it's an opportunity to see them and hear what they have been up to - event though our reunion is not as frequent as I would hope for.
These tradeoffs are important to me. However, they will never ease the stress that I feel when preparing for, traveling to, or working at these shows. I would be lying if I said that the stress never effects me. It does. Honestly, there are many times that I would love to take a sick day, escape to my bed, hide underneath the covers, and sleep. But I can't.
As I get older and as I grow my business, I have learned - and am still learning - how to manage the stress better. I accept that it comes with the territory of being a small business owner. I love what I do, and I do what I do to show my growing son that with hard work and perseverance, he too can achieve his dreams.
So September just came to a close, and with events related to DeNada and accompanied projects, DC MEETMarket and Topaz + Arrow, I am happy to say that this month was a success! Without the support of my family, friends and fans, I would not be at the point where I am at and I sincerely send my gratitude to all of them!
Below, are just a selection of photos from the various events that I was so fortunate to be a part of - enjoy!
Until next time,
Virginia Blanca Arrisueño.
 |
| Our hand painted signage of our logo, used for the many upcoming shows during the autumn & winter season. |
 |
| The gorgeous view of NYC from our hotel room. A quick excursion to the Big Apple, for the Maker Faire earlier in the month. |
 |
| A portrait shot of my family in the elevator of our hotel in NYC. |
|
 |
| Our booth, all set up and ready for the busy crowds that awaited us shortly after - at Crafty Bastards. |
 |
| The perfect gift from one of our favorite customers / friends - freshly cut flowers in our most precious "poop" stein. |
|
|
 |
| Our booth, filled with customers eager to shop our new collection. |
 |
| My creative partner of Topaz + Arrow, Morgan Hungerford West and I - leading a mini workshop at Crafty Bastards. |
 |
| Topaz + Arrow at Black Whiskey in Septmeber. Photo courtesy of Victoria Milko. |
 |
| Creative partner, Morgan and I finalizing our intros prior to starting the workshop. Photo courtesy of Victoria Milko. |
 |
| Our colorful arrangement of craft materials. Photo courtesy of Victoria Milko. |
No comments:
Post a Comment