Monday, October 28, 2013

Launch Party for DeNada's New AW2013 Collection!

When I share with others that I am an extremely shy person, their reaction tends to be somewhat of disbelief. In my line of work, networking is definitely necessary. To increase the exposure of your brand/business, you have to connect and communicate with people in the industry and to your customers - hence being shy can be a hindrance.

For me, networking is a learned process. My husband, on the other hand, has no problem chatting it up with people. I greatly admire the way he talks with others without any hesitance. But for me, I have to work at putting myself and my brand "out there." It's a struggle each day, but I remind myself daily that to achieve your goals and dreams you have to conquer fear. I know that I am shy and I am okay with it. However, I can not let it dictate my life and career.

So this past Thursday, I organized and hosted the first ever launch party to celebrate DeNada's new Autumn and Winter 2013 Collection, new look book photographs, new video and new website at our showroom, aka Ulysses Room. Being the first event that I have ever hosted and organized for DeNada, I was very nervous!

Joined by friends, family, and loved ones, the evening was absolutely amazing! Our look book video was projected onto the wall for everyone to see, with products installed hanging from the ceiling.  Local DC electro-pop band, Black Hills performed live as our guests enjoyed light bites by Peruvian Brothers and beverages by Honest Tea, Veev, and Boulevard Brewery. HGTV was even present to document the launch event!

I sincerely thank my team of creative geniuses, who worked incredibly hard to produce and create a stunning documentation of my new designs through lookbook photographs, video, and website. And I thank everyone who joined me in the celebration of my new collection. 

Below is a selection of photos from DeNada's launch party - all photographed by the talented Joseph Cereghino of http://www.shootjoec.com/

Stay tuned this week, as we further highlight our new website, look book photographs, and video!

Until next time,

Virginia Blanca Arrisueño.


Our chalkboard and signage for our launch party.
With a parachute and thrifted chandelier, our stockroom beautifully transformed into our music stage area.
Our wonderful partner, Honest Tea providing us with refreshing Honest Ade and Honest Fizz for the evening.

Our partner, Veev providing our guests with delicious prepared cocktails and acai spirits for our launch party.
So happy to have Peruvian Brothers cater our event!

Our guests viewing our new lookbook video, filmed and produced by Wilderness Bureau.

Me, talking with my guests throughout the night.

Stunning product installation by good friend, Morgan Hungerford West of Panda Head.
HGTV documenting our launch event.
Me, expressing my thank you's to our creative team and to all of our guests.


Local DC band, Black Hills performing live in front of our guests.
Aaron Estes, lead singer of the Black Hills.
Talking with my friend, Flannery.

My husband, Kelly Towles taking a quick photo with events photographer and friend, Joseph Cereghino.

No comments: