Thursday, February 6, 2014

Better late than never!


This may be EXTREMELY late, but Happy New Year, everyone! As you can tell, we’ve been absent from our blog for quite sometime - and I apologize sincerely! Here’s an update on everything that’s been going on with me and DeNada

We closed out our 2013 year STRONG with the DowntownHoliday Market. After this very busy and exhausting holiday season, I decided to take time off - one week at my parents, then shortly afterwards, a long weekend at a lovely modern cabin with my husband, son, and a few good friends. 



Though it felt great to just get away and vacate my busy work life momentarily, I was VERY anxious to get back into the office after a few days of being away. It's the beginning of 2014, and I look forward to making this year as productive and efficient as ever!

 


Currently, I'm preparing for our next Autumn & Winter Collection, and will be jetting off to Peru next week to get this season’s final edits completed.  

In addition, I’ve been in and out the office going from meeting to meeting working on a few of my other creative projects, which include Topaz + Arrow, The DC MEETMaret, and Ulysses Room. I know, it sounds A LOT, but with my amazing team, I’m ready to take it on!



For the past two weeks, we’ve had a sale on all of our styles on www.DeNadaDesign.com - Yep, up to 60% off! Let's just say that our fans LOVED it, and we closed out our Winter Sale at the Living Social's Best of DC Trunk Show. Thank you to everyone who came out to support! 

Here is a recap and select pictures from the event. Stay tuned for more to come on our blog! And for more behind the scenes on what we do, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and/or Twitter!


This past weekend, we packed up our knits and headed to Living Social's beautiful event venue, located at 918 F Street to set up shop. The space itself is a perfect mesh of old and new- featuring chandeliers, a giant HD screen, and a cage elevator back-lit with bright blue lights.


As other designers came trickling in, we were met by a few familiar faces including our good friends at Mutiny, who shares our building, 52 O St Studios. It’s always a wonderful opportunity to connect with other DC-based designers, share the products of our creative labor, and support each other in our endeavors.  Additionally, we continuously welcome the opportunity to participate in a retail event like Living Social’s Best of DC Trunk Show because of the exposure it gives us to new clients. 


So what they buzzing about? The product of the day would most definitely be our fingerless armwarmers with peek-a-boo elbow slit detail. People just couldn’t get enough of this trendy accessory, and we understand why!  

Until next time!

Virginia Blanca Arrisueño.




No comments: