It’s the most wonderful time of the year…New York Fashion
Week! Each season I always look forward to seeing some of my favorite designers
show their latest collection on the runways. It’s amazing to see a designer’s
vision come to life during the show, and this season proved the old saying to be true: “go big, or go home!” As always, there were some noticeable trends that
popped up in most of the shows, but I wanted to share some of my favorite looks
from designers that I admire!
First Up: Nicholas K.
Super neutrals and loose fits galore were highlights of the show. The collection was full of fur details and included a constant blue and black color scheme. What I love most about this design team is their ability to create a casually cool outfit, yet is still able to incorporate a distinctive tough vibe throughout all of their ensembles.
Super neutrals and loose fits galore were highlights of the show. The collection was full of fur details and included a constant blue and black color scheme. What I love most about this design team is their ability to create a casually cool outfit, yet is still able to incorporate a distinctive tough vibe throughout all of their ensembles.
Second: Victoria Beckham
Last, but certainly not least: Hugo Boss
Posh Spice truly stepped up her game this season. Instead of
the usual boyish cuts we saw last year, Victoria added subtle touches of femme
detail, such as thin overlays of organza, which made all of her outfits stand
out. Victoria has become quite a genius at giving us clothes that have a strong
conceptual design, yet are still extremely wearable. Some of my favorite
details were the gold chains that were used instead of zippers as closures!
Last, but certainly not least: Hugo Boss
This designer’s runway was filled with vibrant grays, crisp
whites, intense leathers, and fun peek-a-boo details throughout all of his
pieces. As usual, his pieces were masterfully detailed and extremely well
tailored, which created fine lines and perfect fits on every model. What I love
about this collection was how he was able to incorporate work appropriate
clothing, while adding subtle sexy touches. As always, Hugo Boss had a fabulous
collection.
All of the designers this season certainly did not
disappoint me, nor the other avid fashion week viewers this season. These collections sparked some inspiration for next
fall's wardrobe; I’m excited to test out how I can incorporate some of these ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment