Thursday, April 3, 2014

Guest Blog: Our Intern's Art-Filled Trip to Colombia.

Hi everyone! Vinisha here - one of DeNada's spring interns! I recently took a trip to Cartegena, Colombia where I had the opportunity to experience the International Biennial of Contemporary Art of Cartagena de Indias, taking place from February 7, 2014 - April 7, 2014. The Biennal highlights international contemporary artists in order to enhance the arts scene in Cartagena for the purpose of cultural enrichment of the community. 

As I walked through each exhibit, certain pieces caught my attention. And since I started interning at DeNada, I have learned to appreciate textural and fiber techniques in fashion and art as a whole.  

Below are works of art that I felt made a huge statement and utilized interesting techniques.

La Trama (2013) Copper

137.5° II (2008) Crocheted wool and tacks

Lares and Penates (1990–2013) Found materials

No comments: